Thursday, March 3, 2016

Special Kitty Surprise

Baby Zoey and James
---Throw Back Thursday---

July 2nd, 2015 started out like any normal summer day. I was at home enjoying my days off and my husband was away at work. I had cleaned the house, washed the dishes and was about to make an amazing chocolate cake, when my phone rang and it was a call from my husband. I picked up expecting to hear some very important news, instead he said I needed to be ready to head to Lee's Summit by 5. You see his brother's Birthday was coming up and his brother needed a family birthday dinner.

I agreed to attend like any good wife did. I finished baking my amazing chocolate cake, and when my husband arrived I hopped in the car. This is where I caught him in the lie!! He changed his story, we were going to
LS to get some computer parts from his younger brother. I confronted him about the different story, but he told me I simply misunderstood him.

2 hours later, we pulled up to his parents house, they greeted us and off to dinner we went. It was an amazing meal shared with wonderful people, but I kept thinking to myself, something just doesn't seem right. After dinner, my husband told me he had some game to pick up, (He is really into his Xbox so this part actually made sense), I believed him and off we drove. 30 minutes later we were standing outside a house... None of it made sense. Why would anyone pick up a game at a house??? He instructed me to knock on the door, I did, and standing in the doorway was a young girl and the most adorable kitten in the whole wide world. I remember commenting on how cute the kitty was and then the girl smiled and handed her to me!! I was shocked, stunned, surprised, so many questions were running through my head. Did she need shots? Where would we put the litter box? I thought my husband hated cats?? But more importantly this cat was MINE!!
Baby Zoey a few days after adopting her!

All in all, I am so grateful to the wonderful man I married, and even more grateful that he put aside his distaste for cats so I could have what I wanted most in life. He has sacrificed so much, and now he continues to give me all that I want in life. Zoey and I thank you dearly!

5 comments:

  1. I can't tell if she is a frad of the mirror or is playing with the basket.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell if she is a frad of the mirror or is playing with the basket.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i will say i hate cats! And when someone gives u a cat it is not a good thing! But just this once i will say it was a good surprise.

    But i still hate cats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU ARE ADDICTED TO THAT CAT. CCL CCL CCL CCL CCL CCL CCL CCL CCL CCL CCL CCL CCL CCL CCL CCL CCL CCL CCL CCL CCL CCL CCL

    ReplyDelete