Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Window Cat



Every morning at 5:45 the alarm blares! I jump out of bed(really I hit snooze 3 times) and I begin my morning routine. I eat breakfast at 6:30, hair by 6:45, say goodbye to my husband and the cat. And on the road by 6:50. I get to school, set up my classroom and welcome 25 wonderful students. 

Then I teach, and you all know the good stuff happens there. I inspire students, I make dreams come true, I eat lots of candy...LOTS OF CANDY. All the good stuff. Around 3:30 the kids are all at home, and I start grading the enormous pile of work the kids have all turned in. At about 5:00 I head home, and sitting in the window as I pull into my driveway is my precious cat-child waiting for her mommy. 

Everyday she is always there, even when I am worn-out, tired, beat down or grumpy. There sits my precious princess at the door. It is in these moments, that all the stress and all the worry and all the grading that never actually happened, is all wiped away. When I see that furry, little, precious face I pause and take a moment to enjoy the wonderful day I was truly blessed with. 




5 comments:

  1. I am curious: does your cat get up with the first alarm, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ccl ccl (crazy cat lady )

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet. I love how you are making your theme "Zoey" but telling us all about yourself at the same time! Fabulous idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zoey is so cute!! I have to black male cats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete