Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Cats on their Backs

Not Zoey, but a cute kitty on it's back!

I walked into my house this evening after spending time with our life group, and I walked in and saw Zoey laying on her back showing/stretching out her stomach. I have seen multiple cats do this, and I had heard multiple rumors that it means different things for different cats,  so I hit the internet and here is what I have come up with!

A cat will show you it's stomach when it truly trusts you! They do this because cats are most vulnerable when they expose their belly (or in less fancy terms, they trust you). If you think about it, a predator could easily catch them if they were in that position. This reason definitely makes this cat momma happy :) I sure hope that this is the reason! 

Another reason could be that Zoey was just simply feeling relaxed. When cats are at peace they rest on their backs and simply take in the world around them! Again, this would not be a bad answer for my precious child. She is fed, has a house over her head, and doesn't have to clean up after herself. I would say she is definitely relaxed!

And the last reason my research has led me to is....Zoey simply wants a belly rub. This I know is a LIE! Every time I try to rub her belly she bites me! This cannot be the reason she was showing me her belly tonight!

Regardless of what the answer is I know that Zoey trusts me, is relaxed and definitely does NOT want a belly rub!

No comments:

Post a Comment